Licensing Information


We’ve had several calls and emails about the licensure process. Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we are urging all of our horsemen to complete all licensing related items by either email, fax, or mail. Those details are below.

Additionally, Please remember that there are new guidelines at Northville Downs for those of you who plan to be on-site to qualify.

To facilitate return to racing the MGCB requests that horsemen complete all licensing requirements and horse health documentation prior to entry. Access to offices will be restricted and wait times may be long.

Licensing may be accomplished by email (, by Fax (248) 349-9139 or by mail. Mail applications to the following address, not the address at the bottom of the form.

Northville Downs
Attention Licensing
301 South Center Street
Northville, MI 48167

A license application may be found on the MGCB website. You will need to print this form, it cannot be saved electronically. Scan or photograph your printed copy to submit by email. (

  • License applicants are encouraged to send their applications electronically, prior to racing, to, excluding SSN’s and DOB for security protection. Payment may be dropped off or mailed to the licensing office, or a credit card payment is available in office or by phone.
  • We will accept a photo of the completed license application emailed to
  • Licensees will be sent their receipt and badge electronically; a photo of their badge is accepted by security and in MGCB detention barn as identification.

Licensing in person will be conducted in the following manner:

  • Applicant will call the licensing office (248-349-5458) to reserve a place in line to get licensed.
  • Applications and pens will both be available inside of the licensing conference room.
  • Licensees will wait in their vehicles until receiving a phone call when they are to be licensed.
  • The licensing conference room will be available for one person at a time to complete an application if necessary.
  • Licensees will have the option of a plastic badge or an electronic badge to be viewed on their phones.

Proof of EHV vaccination and Coggins test forms may be submitted in the same manner as the licensing applications noted above.